BocaGuy: I’m back!
ThinkProgress compiled a short list of the dire and apocalyptic predictions made by Republicans during the healthcare debate, all of which have failed to come to fruition.
They’re all utterly nonsensical, but these are my favorites.
– REP. PAUL BROUN (R-GA): “That’s exactly what’s going on in Canada and Great Britain today…and a lot of people are going to die.” [7/10/2009]
– REP. LOUIE GOHMERT (R-TX): “I would hate to think that among five women, one of ‘em is gonna die because we go to socialized care.” [7/15/2009]
– REP. VIRGINIA FOXX (R-NC): “The Republican plan will] make sure we bring down the cost of health care for all Americans and that ensures affordable access for all Americans and is pro-life because it will not put seniors in a position ofbeing put to death by their government.” [7/28/2009]
– SEN. TOM COBURN (R-OK): “I have a message for you:you’re going to die soon…When you restrict the ability of the primary care givers int his country to do what is best for their senior patients, what you are doing is limiting their life expectancy.” [12/1/2009]
– HERMAN CAIN: “If ObamaCare had been fully implemented when I caught cancer, I’d be dead.” [8/18/2011]
We’re all going to die!
Of course Obamacare hasn’t killed anyone, hasn’t lead to “Armageddon,” and hasn’t lead to the “end of America as we know it,” but it has saved the lives andthe livelihoods of many.
It’s been over two years now since the Affordable Care Act was signed into law. What’s taking the End of Days so long? We’re getting bored here waiting for it.
Copyright 2012 Bob Cesca’s Awesome Blog! Go!